Bhushan Kumar Denies #MeToo Allegations: Bhushan Kumar files police complaint

Bhushan Kumar Denies #MeToo Allegations: Bhushan Kumar files police complaint

Bhushan Kumar files police complaint, wife Divya Kumar says Lord Krishna was targeted too

T-series honcho Bhushan Kumar Friday denied the sexual harassment allegations against him, saying the claims are being used a tool to malign his reputation.

An anonymous Twitter user accused Kumar of propositioning her on the pretext of signing a three-movie contract with his production house.

She alleged when she refused Kumar’s offer he threatened he would spoil her career if she shares her account.

“I am appalled and anguished to know that my name has been dragged in this #MeToo by some anonymous person(s). The allegations against me are bad on the face of it. I have enjoyed an impeccable reputation and have always maintained professionalism. The tweet has been used as a tool to defame me and malign my reputation,” Kumar said in a statement to PTI.

As part of India’s #MeToo movement, an anonymous account had emerged on Twitter earlier this week in which an aspiring actor claimed Kumar demanded sexual favours from her in exchange of signing a three-film deal. Kumar, in a statement to PTI, had dismissed the allegations as malicious.

Divya tweeted her defence of her husband, writing, “My husband has got TSeries where it is today purely on basis of extreme hard work. People even stood up against Lord Krishna who’s praiseworthy. Though #MeToo movement is meant to clean up the society, it’s sad that some people have started misusing it.”

On Friday, he lodged a complaint at Mumbai’s Amboli police station, stating that the person was posting offending remarks and statements against him on social media. “My name has been falsely dragged in the MeToo movement, which is currently sweeping the country’s landscape,” the complaint, dated October 12, stated. “The post makes serious allegations against me that three years back, I had offered an aspiring actress to sleep with me in lieu of a role being offered in my films and when she refused, I dropped her from the films.”

The producer also stated that the Twitter handle disappeared minutes after uploading the post.In the ongoing #MeToo movement, many big names, including Vikas Bahl, Subhash Ghai, Nana Patekar, Alok Nath and Sajid Khan, among others have been accused of harassment. Aamir Khan also walked away from T-Series’ film Mogul after an old complaint of molestation against its director Subhash Kapoor resurfaced.