Tuesday seems an odd day of the week for the observation of National Tequila Day. Sure, we get the whole Taco Tuesday tie-in, but if ever a made-up holiday deserved to be on a Friday or Saturday, this was it. Still, given the spirit’s resurgence in popularity of late, don’t expect the calendar to slow down people’s celebrations.
Avion Reserva 44 Extra Anejo
Aged in oak barrels for 43 months, then aged in “petite” oak barrels for another month, 44 Extra Anejo is a spicy, zesty tequila that smells of vanilla and citrus, but surprises you with a hint of cinnamon on the palate. The finish lingers, but this is a brand where you’ll never want it to end.
5 Tequilas To Help Celebrate National Tequila Day
Don Julio Double Cask Reposado
Don Julio is regularly named the favorite brand of tequila drinkers. Earlier this year, the company launched its first new innovation in six years, a Reposado tequila finished in casks used to make Buchanan’s blended scotch whisky. The result is a complex tequila that blends the tastes of the two spirits.
Clase Azul Reposado
Often overshadowed by its distinctive bottle, Clase Azul is a smoky, woody reposado that’s remarkably smooth. It has a slightly sweet aftertaste that prevents the burn you get from some tequilas. Like many of the other tequilas on this list, this one’s enjoyed more as a sip than a shot.
Casa Noble Anejo
Aged in toasted French oak barrels for two years, this anejo is triple distilled to ensure purity. You’ll pick up the oak and a hint of caramel alongside the agave and enjoy a long, smoky finish. It’s a rich, smooth, full bodied tequila that’s a perfect way to end the evening.
Some people prefer a cleaner tequila, hoping to savor the blue agave rather than the oakiness of a barrel. If you’re one of them, Pasote’s Blanco is an excellent choice. It has a very soft mouthfeel that’s light and crisp and loaded with citrus elements, with a slightly peppery finish that lingers just long enough.
Here Are All the Places With Cheap Margarita Deals
Here are all the places you can find cheap margaritas and other drink deals for National Tequila Day 2018.
Abuelo’s premium margaritas, which normally cost roughly $8 to $13, are all available for $6.95 on Tuesday for National Tequila Day 2018.
The National Tequila Day specials at Chuy’s include $1 floaters (small frozen margarita with liquor on top) and $1 off premium margaritas with Patrón tequila. Look for other discounts on drinks and free nachos during happy hour, from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., as well.
On the Border
Classic ‘Ritas from On the Border are only $2 each for National Tequila Day 2018. Domestic drafts are $2 each Monday to Friday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. for the regular happy hour too.
We’re celebrating National Tequila Day with $2 Classic ‘Ritas from 7/22-7/24. Tag the friend you want to drink them with! pic.twitter.com/uEzDwZ2LIW
— On The Border (@ontheborder) July 16, 2018
$1 Jose Cuervo Shots at Select Bars
At select bars in Chicago, Houston, Orlando, San Diego, and Washington, D.C., a shot of Jose Cuervo Tradicional tequila will cost $1 each for National Tequila Day on Tuesday. The list of participating bars with Jose Cuervo drink specials are listed on the brand’s Facebook event page.
— Jose Cuervo (@JoseCuervo) July 23, 2018
Chili’s has a $5 margarita special throughout the month of July, including National Tequila Day on July 24.
— Chili's Grill & Bar (@Chilis) July 10, 2018
where you can go to celebrate
1. Condado Tacos, 195 E Freedom Way, will have half off house margaritas from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m.
2. Veracruz Mexican Grill, 3108 Price Ave., will serve $2 tacos with their tequila drinks on Tuesday from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
3. La Mexicana Restaurante Cantina & Tienda, 642 Monmouth St. in Newport, celebrates taco Tuesdays with $2 dine-in tacos, $3 Rhinegeist crafts and $3 Frida blanco shots.
4. Chili’s, 11329 Montgomery Road, has been offering $5 Firecracker margaritas all of July – but on Tuesday, there are two extra flavors that come with this deal.
5. Frida, 602 Main St. in Covington, will have $2 shots of El Mayor blanco tequila, $2 Oskar Blues Beerito and $14 Casamigo flight with 3 1 ounce pours of blanco, respasado and anejo all day long. It’s also taco Tuesday, which means $2 chicken tacos all day
6. Kohl’s has select margarita and shot glasses included in their home sale, which runs until July 30. Select the “Home” department from the dropdown to shop the sale and then use promo code HOME10 to get $10 off your order of $50 or more.
7. Drizly is an online liquor store that can bring tequila to you! Get $5 off any liquor delivery with promo code DRIZLYDEAL.